6 Great Methods To Use A Doctoral Dissertation Database
A dissertation database can be a great means to find a useful sample of a work. However, many students have never used such databases and have no idea of how they can be used effectively and productively. Below, you will find several suggestions on a productive usage of a database.
What Is a Database and How to Choose a Good One?
Databases are numerous and before you start searching within one of them, you need to find the one that will be the most helpful to you. At best, you should ask your friends or fellow students whether they have ever resorted to such sources of dissertation examples. If they have, they will give you precious information on the usefulness and reliability of the databases that they have already explored. If they haven’t, you will need to search for users’ reviews on the Internet. These reviews are less trustworthy than the ones of the real people you know, yet, it’s better to use them than to choose a database without even knowing whether it’s respectable. Besides that, you need to know, which databases are free, which offer a complete access only after registration and payment, and which are totally closed against free usage.
When You’ve Chosen a Database
When you’ve chosen a database, you need to see which tools for searching it offers and take the following steps:
- If you are ready to pay for the full access, make the required payment and get the access to the most advanced search tools and the closed sections of the database.
- Determine the type of the dissertation that you need (postgraduate, doctoral, etc.) and search for this one exactly.
- Determine whether you need the sample to match your topic and do a related search if you do.
- Pick out the keywords that will help you find the most relevant samples. Use all the available search means to find all the results that match these keywords.
- Determine the format of the sample that is allowable to you. It means that if you need a usual project, a video representation will not do, etc.
- Determine whether you need a downloadable copy or whether a screen version will do, too.
You need to keep in mind the fact that even in paid databases some files can contain mistakes or be corrupted with computer viruses. Be careful when downloading files of any types. Always have your anti-virus software turned on before you unpack the downloaded files.